The Third Eye welcomes submissions from writers, artists, researchers and practitioners across genres, at all stages of their careers. These must be original submissions that have not been published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
We will start accepting submissions for our next edition soon.
Please read the following guidelines in their entirety. Incomplete submissions will not be processed.
All submissions must be accompanied by
- A one-page document, not exceeding 1000 words, pitching the idea and an explanation of which form it may be suitable for (text/image/video/audio)
- A bio note of the contributor, not exceeding 300 words
- Samples of previous work
Please do keep in mind that the idea should further the gender and sexuality discourse from a feminist perspective, and bring to the fore complex realities.
We accept submissions in the following formats.
Non fiction/ Fiction/ Poetry
Photographs/ Photo Essays
Due to a high volume of submissions and limited team capacities, we will revert to you within 4 weeks on the status of your submission.
Each edition runs for approximately four months. The exact publication dates of individual submissions cannot be specified in advance.
Terms and conditions
- If The Third Eye co-produces an idea with you, it will come under Creative Commons 4.0.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, as long as you immediately notify The Third Eye editors if your idea/piece has been accepted elsewhere. The final decision regarding the publication of such a piece rests solely with The Third Eye team.
- The Third Eye will hold exclusive print and digital rights to your piece for 60 days, after which you will retain the rights; your piece will remain archived online on our websites. During these 60 days, you may not submit the piece for republication to other online or offline portals.
- The fee will be determined according to the commissioned piece.